teaching introductory class

imoberst imoberst@vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:54:42 -0600

Greetings,

I will be teaching an introductory class to business ed. students next year.
This will be an interim course, not exceeding 30 hours of contact time.

Some of the things that will be required to be taught include an introduction
to tuning and technical concept, piano developmental history, parts
nomenclature, and an overview of the industry today.

Since I am new to the CAUT mailing list, I am not familiar with "old"
discussions on such a topic. (I am sure that this has been addressed before on
many occasions) What I am looking for is reference to recommended curriculum,
text, teaching techniques, and how to basically get the most applicable
information to these students most effectively within this time parameter.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

John Imobersteg, R.P.T.
University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
email: imoberst@uwosh.edu