Watering Dampp-Chaser Systems in University Pianos

Fred S. Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:27:10 -0700

    On further reflection. I think this would be a very good idea. It
would be very helpful particularly in installations with short tanks
between the beams and undercovers. That way, one could simply assign
someone to fill all units once a week (or whatever interval works best),
whether flashing or not, and fill until the signal. And I do believe
that installations with undercovers will be the preferred institutional
application of the future.
    (This would also be useful for some private customers who go on
frequent trips, and who may have someone coming by the house once a week
or so to water plants and piano).
    I might suggest that a light would be adequate as opposed to audible
signal. The light could be mounted next to the fill tube. If that would
be less costly, I think that would be the way to go.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico