Records in piano

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 04:39:45 -0600

At 10:10 PM 3/13/03 -0500, Greg Newell wrote:
>   I've been pondering this for some time. Why do we, as technicians, feel
> compelled to place a card, service history chart or other such records or
> advertisements under the lid of uprights?

FWIW, when I'm looking at a piano-for-sale for a potential buyer, I'll
recommend a higher offer on an instrument with a documented regular service
history.
Nobody keeps receipts and, often, those tuning records left on the backs of
keys (or on cards) inside the piano are the only indication of the care the
piano has received.  Its not grafitti, it (if done tastefully) actually
increases the value of the instrument.  I think its "customer service" ...
(IMHO).

Regards,

Alan Crane, RPT
School of Music