re-repining

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:53:00 +0100

Hello,

Have you good results in the treble with the dummy pin method ? I use
it all the time and recently had two beckets slipping out. I am still
thinking of where the problem is, as I take care to have the Becket
well inserted before tensioning.

May be the angle from the coil was a little round to begin with ?

I am also thinking of keeping the old good pins in some particular
case, but was thinking that the method would not be timeless (and that
it is less easy to have neat coils then).

We don't have "Larudee pins in Europe" the idea seem good, I hate
these oversized pins, tuning is difficult with them because of the
larger move of the string vs.. the same hammer move.

Best Regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech