Yamaha CFIII Voicing

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:14:16 -0800

Another words deep needling in the low shoulders...

David I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Isaac OLEG=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 3:07 PM
  Subject: RE: Yamaha CFIII Voicing

  Hello,

  In too brilliant rooms it is not easy to voice down, probably =
impossible in fact.

  If the lower part of the hammer is packed down ad rigid because of the =
use and the dryness of the air you should eventually treat them back to =
life as if they were new.

  in 1987 I am not sure that CFIII hammers where as good as the actual =
ones, that are clearly on the mellow side by my standards, but at this =
stage , the C7 is probably mellower.

  Nowadays high shoulder needling , if the top of the hammer is not =
lively, product not really long lasting results (if needled too softly =
too) . On the other hand, even if you bring back some energy there, on =
old hammers, your job will not hold as much as on recent ones.

  It is usual to bring back some tension from below before treating the =
high zones, sometime, you eventually realize that the top have been too =
much needled, and that you may shave a bit to keep some energy active =
there.

  If the voicing don't last it is because only the higher regions of the =
hammer are involved in the tone making, allowing the hammer to move more =
deep help to keep the top active longer, because it does not compress on =
the low shoulders as much as it is more suspended.

  Clear as  ?

  Sorry its late.

  Best regards.

  Isaac OLEG