Yamaha CFIII Voicing

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:43:05 +0100

Yes , but where lies the difficulty is to ascertain the state of the
internal of the hammer before needling. One more strong jab in the heart of
the hammer (the original spring created while the first needling was done )
will unleash the other parts too much and compromise the correct
transmission of the resiliency.

I noticed that is a matter of imagination, and recognize the  absence of
tone power, while the brightness of the attack is often taken for power
that is too a matter of pinching the hammer to recognize where hardness lies
.

When string mating problems begin to be noticed more and more that is often
the sign of lack of basic power in the hammer.

That is why it is convenient to have some reserve, and try to work always on
a tensioned material.
Happily , if the tone is bad, most often we can find spots of hard felt,
responsive for that, and when untie the knots, their hardness goes around
(above reverently) , bringing back some energy.

Best Regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech