1974 M & H B/Wapin

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:30:04 -0500

Ron-
    Concerning Wapin, one interesting thing about it is that it can be
installed without replacing the strings.
    Although I haven't done this myself, I've heard 2 pianos where it was
done with good results.  Since the only thing changed is the bridge pin
configuration, it is a pretty strong demonstration that it works.
    I think they have the technic on the Wapin Co. site.  You probably have
to register with them to get it.

You wrote:
> And techs' ideas of what constitutes a viable or dead soundboard are
> similarly diverse everywhere you go.
I think you are putting this nicely!  If it can take a decal, what more do
you want?

Ed