Sustain was Re: 1974 M & H B

Otto Keyes okeyes@uidaho.edu
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:53:11 -0800

New market for all those beaters with collapsed boards.  Do they make adjustable valve springs to incorporate into variable thud soundboards?

I assume you will also be offering charts, graphs, spreadsheets & the properly esoteric quantification instrumentation in order to correlate one's adjustments to the politically-correct HT, AT, ET, DDT, etc. which may be in vogue at this (or that) precise moment in history.  Must proceed with caution, you know.  :-)

Otto
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ed Sutton
  To: College and University Technicians
  Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 4:41 AM
  Subject: Re: Sustain was Re: 1974 M & H B

      While these arguments are worth considering, taken to extreme they would require at least 50 instruments to play the repertoire, or that each performer specialize in a very narrow repertoire.
      Meanwhile, in order to satisfy a greater variety of sustaining needs, I'm pleased to announce my new invention: The Historically Adjustable Soundboard Damper!  I'll be offering it to all the major manufacturers next week, and look forward to international acclaim.
      Ed S.