Isaac hammers

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:06:11 -0800

Greg,

You might get in touch with Bob Davis or Dale Erwin in Modesto and Fresno
areas. They have lots of experience with them. My experience is that they
are a bit heavier and can sometimes benefit from some juicing but I like the
tone they can produce. I use them when the piano has action geometry that
allows the wieght, and a piano, like say a M&H BB, that can use the power.

Alan

Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
509-359-7017
amccoy@mail.ewu.edu

  -----Original Message-----
  From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Greg
Granoff
  Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 9:26 AM
  To: CAUT
  Subject: Isaac hammers

  List,

      Would someone inform me a bit about Isaac hammers?  I've long been
aware of them, but never used them, and know that some techs swear by them
as the only true antidote to Japanese and German hammer voicing
frustrations. I can't seem to get an answer to emails sent to Ari Isaac, so
I'm hoping someone can answer my question.  His website gives mouthwatering
descriptions of their tonal properties, but what are they like in the weight
department?  Are they appropriate for, for example, teens vintage S&S or
other older American makes that used lightweight hammers?  Will I have to
deal with touch weight issues?
  Thanks.

  Greg Granoff   RPT
  Humboldt State University