Concert Grand Trucks

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:12:16 -0600

Fred,

Thanks a lot. I believe everything is clear to me except one thing.

>	I've done this solo a few times. I just use a sawhorse (I
>have a nice folding metal one with a flat top to it, wide enough to
>hold a piece of 2 x 6) and some 2 x 4's and wedges for shims. Horse
>under the area next to each leg in turn, raising high enough to pop
>the caster and fit the truck arm under. I usually need one or two
>pieces of two by material on top of the horse to achieve the right
>height. Shim under that arm of the truck, so when you lower the
>piano onto it, the other arms don't rise.

The first part of the final sentence above is what I'm not quite sure of.
I understand not wanting the other legs to rise.

Hey, Maybe I just clicked. Do you mean to shim between the floor and
the underside of the arm where the leg sits?

Avery