Hammers

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:08:36 -0600

In our recent thread on Isaac hammers I began to wonder who makes hammers
for manufactures...  I see the list from Renner's web site on who they make
hammers for, but I am also told that Abel is huge (the largest) in Europe
and makes hammers for many of the same brands Renner mentions.  Does anyone
have a source (I've tried to get it visiting several MFG web sites) for who
makes what for whom?  Does a mfr use Isaac hammers?, etc... What hammers are
_only_ used for aftermarket rebuilders?  I'd like to be able to use that
info to sell certain hammers for certain pianos, considering what the
customer is telling me they like, especially when it is not a familiar name
to the customer at hand.  Some ONLY want Steinway, some know Abel, some know
Renner,etc., etc.  Thankfully, most of my customers leave it to me  ; )
Thanks.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG