A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 07:26:31 EDT

Kent writes;
<< The unvarnished truth is more difficult than it ought to be, since a
letter from the rebuilder claims that the piano is suitable for any of
the world's finest concert stages, that the action parts were chosen to
perfectly match the piano, etc. So I will have to write a letter saying
more or less the opposite, that the piano isn't suitable and the parts
don't match. Sigh.<<

    Well,  when you have to shoot, shoot!  However, keeping it very simple
from the outset can position you to   maximum advantage without creating an
opening for debate with the rebuilder.  I wouldn't say it was unsuitable, the
customers have already done that for you.  If you go on record as stating that in
your opinion, different part selection will cure the problems, you haven't
specifically slammed the rebuilder.  AFTER the work is done, the piano is hailed
as glorious, etc.  the chips will fall where they may and the previous
rebuilder will have to address the customers, not you, if he wants to defend his work.

    It may be a difficult spot, but it does look like a great opportunity to
hit a home run.

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">