Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 14:40:58 EDT

kswafford@earthlink.net writes:

> The unvarnished truth is more difficult than it ought to be, since a
> letter from the rebuilder claims that the piano is suitable for any of
> the world's finest concert stages, that the action parts were chosen to
> perfectly match the piano, etc. So I will have to write a letter saying
> more or less the opposite, that the piano isn't suitable and the parts
> don't match. Sigh.

Kent

Unless you're reputation with the college is one where they will accept your
word, it might be advisable to get a pianist to complain to the administration
that there is something wrong with the piano. If you complained, it might
sound like you're looking for work. Not only that, but the school bought the
piano from New York, where everyone knows, are the only "real" piano rebuildiners.
(sic) They might not want to accept the fact that some local Midwestern yahoo
knows anything about Steinway grands. Further more, having someone else
complain about the piano might give them less of a chance to reject your
suggestions, as it could make them look like they didn't know what they were doing in
the first place.

Wim