Tuning Steinway Verticals

Mary Smith MarySmith@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:20:43 -0500

Jim,

I was lucky enough to learn how to tune these pianos from Karla. She
showed me how to do a good job, and I am forever grateful!

Regards, Mary

P.S. Twelve years ago or so she passed along to me the between-string
voicing tool you made from brass rod that has been flattened and the
needle held in place by a tiny machine screw. I still carry it in my
kit and use it several times a week. Excellent tool. Thanks!