Steinway "pinning" dilemma

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:36:22 +0200

Great story Jeff. I couldnt aggree more with your experiences here.

One point about teflon and hammer centers... Its true IME that  you can
achieve less friction for same firmness. I generally increase firmness
with that gain tho. I like 4 to 7 swings as a general rule for play
concerns... and I like as firm as I can possibly get away with for
voicing concerns.

I dont see reducing action friction to near zero levels as a positive at
all.

RicB