Michigan State

Dorothy Bell dabell58@earthlink.net
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:32:25 -0400

Thanks, Brad, for sharing your experience interviewing for this position. That kind of information is very helpful for anyone considering the job.

As a former university administrator, I'm always sad when stories like yours happen -- one salary quoted over the phone, another once you've gotten to the interview -- but they are common, often due to subtleties of where actual power lies in the institution, sometimes due to misplaced optimism by the original contact. They are usually a sign of things to come, so if this had to happen to you at all I'm glad it was before you hired on.

And I (foolishly) hope the school paid your travel expenses.

Best wishes,
Dorrie Bell

Dorothy Bell
dabell58@earthlink.net