Verdigris

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:19:54 -0600

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of =
Tim Coates
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 6:40 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: Verdigris
=20
Jim,=20
=20
I posted this several years ago and got blasted for it. But I will post =
it again as it has not failed me in 25 years when freeing verdigris. =
Wild Turkey Bourbon. This is not my idea. Fred Drasche talked about =
using it while at a seminar in Chicago. I did get private feedback from =
the more open minded people on the list who did try it and found it to =
be just as affective as I have.=20
=20
Use a large animal syringe and inject the bourbon on the sides and =
bird's eye of the flanges. Move the parts. The action will be tighter. =
Come back the next day and your work is finished. The action is free. =
You can speed the process with a hair dryer.=20
=20
Tim Coates=20
University of South Dakota=20
=20
On Aug 9, 2004, at 6:05 PM, Jim Busby wrote:=20
	=20
	 List,=20
	=20
	 =20
	=20
	I looked in the archives for a good solution to use on verdigris and =
only found 2; CLP (Protek) and contact cleaner. Does anyone know of =
anything else? Is CLP or contact cleaner still used for this?=20
	=20
	 =20
	=20
	Guy Nichols, (if you're still on this list) you mentioned a solution =
and I can't remember what you said. (TCE?)=20
	=20
	 =20
	=20
	Thanks,=20