Verdigris

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:22:15 -0600

Thanks Fred,

I read your past post about this, but you also said you couldn't
guarantee how long it would last. That's been a while ago. Can you now
say with assurance that it will last?

Jim Busby

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Fred Sturm
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 6:42 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: Verdigris

Hi Jim,
	I use Protek CLP with almost universal success - but you have to
work each
flange laterally to get good and lasting results. Sometimes I just move
the
parts with hands, other times I find it necessary to insert a fine
screwdrive blade (the one I use for Steinway drop screws) between flange

and birdseye and pry gently (enough to cause definite movement of flange

cloth against pin). In really bad cases, I re-apply CLP and re-work the
flanges. As I say, almost (not quite) universal success - at least to
the
point of becoming a fully functional action.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
PS I do not obtain success very often by apply CLP and working the
joints
as they normally swing. If they free up, the result won't last, in my
general experience. It's the lateral movement that has to happen.

--On Monday, August 9, 2004 5:05 PM -0600 Jim Busby <jim_busby@byu.edu>