Verdigris

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:08:26 -0600

--On Monday, August 9, 2004 7:22 PM -0600 Jim Busby <jim_busby@byu.edu>
wrote:

> Thanks Fred,
>
> I read your past post about this, but you also said you couldn't
> guarantee how long it would last. That's been a while ago. Can you now
> say with assurance that it will last?
>
> Jim Busby

Hi Jim,
	Guarantee is a big word for me, hard to get past the lips. I have found
that on pianos that get regular use, I have most often seen no further need
for attention. A few that mostly got neglected, just sitting there, almost
never played - well, four or five years down the road they were getting
sluggish, especially in the outer reaches. That's about the best I can say
from my experience.
Regards,
Fred