verdigris

David Graham dcgrpt@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 07:40:26 -0500

Jim et al: for a smellier but non-alcoholic repair, Xylene (in the piant
store or good hardwares store) will really clean out verdigris, with minimal
manipulation of the parts being necessary. It won't hurt the wood, though
what it does to you is another matter, so use in a well-ventilated space.My
experience is that it is permanent and the parts will now be very free. I
consider it temporary only in that if verdigris is preent, the bushing is
trashed and worn out anyway, so it buys some time till replacement can be
scheduled. The brand name I find here is Xylol. Try it!
BTW, I have heard the same report about Wild turkey, so no, your leg is not
being pulled. What Fred never explained is  who and how they thought up this
solution.
--
---
David Graham <dcgrpt@earthlink.net>