Verdigris

Tim Coates tcoates1@sio.midco.net
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:59:20 -0500

Jim,

Thanks all for the clarification about wood and grain alcohol.   I
offer Fred Drasche's wisdom to others.  But you know, perhaps Fred
never said anything like that and I misunderstood what he said
altogether, not just the part about "wood grain".  Perhaps I stumbled
upon a remedy by misunderstanding Fred.  Perhaps others have started
using bourbon based upon all the misinformation I created...

But, something sticks in my mind  that the bourbon is pre-mixed to the
correct proportions under strict guidelines.  So maybe I got the
essential part of this correct.  Use cheap bourbon on flanges to get
rid of verdigris.

I'm trying to be humorous here.   I really have no idea what the makeup
of bourbon is.  I just know it works.  That's good enough for me.  I
hasn't caused any problems for me in 25 years.

Tim Coates