[CAUT] let-off buttons

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:10:47 +0200

Mark I would have changed the cloth, (during a repair)  more secure in
time that heat pressing I believe.
And really not that long to change those (I cut the punchings myself,
but they are also sold ready to glue). Why taking the risk, it is hard
enough to have a stable letoff, so if the cloth is not the good grade,
or worn, I change it.

Sanding letoff buttons ? why ?

Isaac OLEG

-----Message d'origine-----
De : caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]De la part de
Mark Cramer
Envoyé : lundi 30 août 2004 17:59
À : CAUT
Objet : [CAUT] let-off buttons

another tip...if I may?

I recall Fred mentioning "sanding" let-off buttons, and he may/may not
have
mentioned this:

Steam the cloth (not so much as to remove them though!) with damp
cloth and
iron, then press hard with the dry warm iron.

The SD-10 I tried this on had soft/spongy cloth, and if I recall, the
punchings went from 4mm to 3mm, and are firm with a clarified shape,
but not
hard so as to produce noise.

Again; old part / new characteristics

Mark Cramer,