[CAUT] wippen heels & steam

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:17:26 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/04 11:00:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
Cramer@BrandonU.ca writes:

Since  then, I've used an iron and damp cloth as you would if steaming out
crushed  wood veneer, and the results are well worth it.

(follow-up with a  dry-warm pressing with the iron)

I also recommend bolstering wippen  heels if possible/necessary with bushing
cloth, if they don't have this  already.

Anything that restores the charactristics of a new well-made  part, and
lasts, is worth a try!

Mark Cramer,
Brandon  University

Another thing I do with wippen cushions is remove the black  residue with a
brass brush, the ones you use when soldering brass pipe. It  fluffs up the felt
a little. I will then also use a voicing needles to "voice"  the cushion to
soften them even more.

Wim