[CAUT] wippen heels & steam

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:34:13 -0400

Yes!
I use a steamer and an iron, set at "wool."
Flip the stack with the hammers hanging off the edge of the bench, so that
the wippens are supported and you can apply pressure with the iron.
Make several alternating passes of steam followed by iron.
Finish with Pro-Lube.
If the cushions are just lightly compressed, you will get good results.
I also iron new cushions to reduce friction.
ES