[CAUT] wippen heels & steam

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:59:05 +0200

Agreed, Ed, but the key world is "if they are lightly compressed" .

Since then, felt makers told me that moisture is the first enemy of
felt (cause of "oxydation", I am yet to understand the exact meaning.)
so I am cautious not to use too much, even on action cloth; I guess
the ironing take care of all remaining moisture anyway.

Best regards , and have a good beginning of the month you all.

Isaac OLEG

-----Message d'origine-----
De : caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]De la part de
Ed
Sutton
Envoye : mardi 31 aout 2004 19:34
A : College and University Technicians
Objet : RE: [CAUT] wippen heels & steam

Yes!
I use a steamer and an iron, set at "wool."
Flip the stack with the hammers hanging off the edge of the bench, so
that
the wippens are supported and you can apply pressure with the iron.
Make several alternating passes of steam followed by iron.
Finish with Pro-Lube.
If the cushions are just lightly compressed, you will get good
results.
I also iron new cushions to reduce friction.
ES