[CAUT] sizing key-frame pin holes?

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:53:41 +0200

Hide glue sizing, and use a shave of wood (from the plane)for the one
that don't have enough tight fit.
I recall trying CA and ending with a hole that was not sized enough
(the balance pins had even begin to pull up after some time) but the
fit was poor from the start , and I may be did not use the good
viscosity.

Since , I dont trust much CA for sizing holes in wood.

Best regards.

Isaac OLEG

-----Message d'origine-----
De : caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]De la part de
Mark Cramer
Envoyé : mardi 31 août 2004 01:44
À : CAUT
Objet : [CAUT] sizing key-frame pin holes?

we're having to replace a set of nicked .146" front-rail pins and have
replacements on hand, however, the new ones are a loose fit in the
original
holes.

i.e.: not wobbly, but they can be pushed in and turned with bare
hands.

I was thinking of pre-sizing the holes with hide glue ... any
cautions/suggestions?

thanks,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University