[CAUT] Yamaha CP-80..yup!

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:47:31 -0500

Hey Michelle,
I cut my teeth on one of these back in high school.  Our high school
choral program had one.  We took it on a tour of Europe my senior year
and I had to tune it while everybody else was sight-seeing.  But it's
been at least 18 or 19 years since I've seen the thing (and probably
about that long since they've used it), and I really don't remember
much about the action.  Seems like you do have to at least hinge the
strings section back to get to the action.

I know, I know.  A lot of help I am.  You just brought back some cool
memories, and I had to share them, that's all.

On a similar note, I recently got the opportunity to tune my first
Baldwin Electropiano.  Now, that was fun with the tuning pins on the
back side of the cabinet.

Jeff

On Monday, December 6, 2004, at 03:06 PM, michelle stranges wrote:

> OK-
>
> (Don't laugh McKechnie..)
>
> :)
>
> About 6 weeks ago I *finally* got my hands on a much desired Yamaha
> CP-80.
>
> ('80's vintage electric piano- weighs a ton..lots of bands used it on
> stage- even Ozzy Osborne, right Don??)  :)
>
> Since I have the luxury of being able to post here with uhhh... folks
> that know more about these than uhhh... ones that haven't been on the
> planet as long..
>
> Anyone out there who serviced these?
> I have technical questions! Ones NOT related to wired and electronics.
> (ex: Can I take the action out without taking the top part off?)
>
> Leroy!
> Mr. Yamaha!
> Someone?
>
> :)