[CAUT] Yamaha CP-80..yup!

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:03:10

Hi Michele,

You can't pull it out, so far as I know--but the "harp" does pivot on
hinges. If you are not "thumping" on the action this should allow you
access to most of the "mechanicals". Good luck with tuning the bass *grin*.

By the way--when moving them it is *best* to lift only on the sides--and
not lift on the tail at all--or you will be doing *lots* of tuning.

At 05:02 PM 06/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Yeah- I bought one!!
>
>:D
>
>And yeah- it does hinge back- but I wouldn't call it flopping.
>For the flop-ee weighs over 200 POUNDS!!!!
>
>Never mind stage hands and road dogs- this is in my home.
>Todd and my cat won't help I'm afraid..
>So I can't easily pull the action out like on a grand?
>
>:(
>Michelle
>
>--On Monday, December 6, 2004 1:36 PM -0800 David Ilvedson
><ilvey@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Hands on?   You bought one?   You will have found that the harp flops
>> back on some hinges and the action is exposed.   Everything should be
>> self explanatory except of course tuning the bass.   You're on your own
>> with that...;-]
>>
>> David I.

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.