[CAUT] Yamaha CP-80..yup!

Phil Romano romano@sccoast.net
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:47:19 -0500

Michele,

The bottom half (keyboard section) has some screws that hold in the
"stretcher" (black and silver piece with name logo). Loosen those and
remove stretcher. Action has screws that hold it in place. Remove those
and lift the action out. I think I have the service manual around here
somewhere. If I can find it I'll let you know. They used to be available
from Yamaha for around $75! Probably not anymore.

I own two CP-70Bs. I have moved and tuned these things more times than I
care to remember. It was a brilliant design for it's time. Of course,
tuning the bass will drive you nuts!

Phil Romano
Coastal Carolina University
Conway, SC

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
michelle stranges
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 5:03 PM
To: ilvey@sbcglobal.net; College and University Technicians
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Yamaha CP-80..yup!

Yeah- I bought one!!

:D

And yeah- it does hinge back- but I wouldn't call it flopping. For the
flop-ee weighs over 200 POUNDS!!!!

Never mind stage hands and road dogs- this is in my home.
Todd and my cat won't help I'm afraid..
So I can't easily pull the action out like on a grand?

:(
Michelle

--On Monday, December 6, 2004 1:36 PM -0800 David Ilvedson
<ilvey@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hands on?   You bought one?   You will have found that the harp flops
> back on some hinges and the action is exposed.   Everything should be
> self explanatory except of course tuning the bass.   You're on your
own
> with that...;-]
>
> David I.

---