[CAUT] lacquer

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:46:12 -0500

I get those little bottles from Schaff and nothing I've ever put in them
(lacquer, acetone) has ever melted them. They've bounced around in my
toolkit for years and the little red cap has never come off. They're on page
45 of the current catalog...
Part No. 190 - Plastic oiler.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eric Wolfley
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Seay [mailto:t.seay@mail.utexas.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 10:36 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] lacquer

The only problem I see is that the plastic might be slowly dissolved by the
acetone/lacquer. Otherwise, they would probably work just fine.

Tom

Dennis,

Wouldn't one of the ones fro Woodworkers Supply that Don posted about the
other day work?
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=891-903
<http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=891-903>