[CAUT] Yamaha CP-80..yup!

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:03:37 -0500

On Monday, December 6, 2004, at 04:13 PM, michelle stranges wrote:

> Where's you run into that Baldwin?
>
> My dream is to find some hippie guy who fixes these rarities- and who
> knows all about them. (And has great stories from the gigs he had
> working on them!!)
>
> :)
> Michelle

Local preacher has it.  His mother had bought used from some local
store it for him to learn on.  He was getting it tuned for his kids to
learn on, and to the best of his recollection it hadn't been tuned
since they bought it.

When he called me, I had never seen one of the things, and was thinking
it was like the Yamaha.  Told him it should take about 45 minutes to
tune it.  WRONG.

Has a really funky action too, with metal jacks.  Anybody know what
you'd use to glue a piece of felt (or something) on one of those jacks
going CLACK when it returns?  Can't say I've ever seen the material
they used there.

Jeff