correction, was Re: [CAUT] New Ivory ethical questions

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:36:52 EST

There  was an article in the Journal about this back in the late 80's,

I stand corrected on this. The article wasn't in the Journal. I think it  was
in National Geographic, about the ivory trade,and slave trade. I  remember
seeing a picture of a man, smoking a cigar, tuning an upright.  It looked like
he was a left handed tuner, until you saw that he was  tuning the treble, which
was on the left side. The picture was printed  backwards.

Anyone else remember that?

Wim