[CAUT] Cat Damage

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:19:34 EST

In a message dated 12/16/04 4:37:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jorge1ml@cmich.edu writes:

A 1965 black medium-gloss Yamaha G3 was donated to us with an  ugly white
patch on the lid caused from a cat.   I tried cleaning  and rubbing this off with
Cory products and tried a little rubbing compound  but the whitish blotch
appears to be penetrated like part of the finish.   (It feels totally smooth
after cleaning).  Does anyone have a remedy for  this?
Hi, Mike -

Seems to me that cats and pianos don't belong in the same place!   We've
dealt with lots of cat damage in our restoration work - but never this  problem.
It will be interesting to read any responses.

Have a fine Christmas, Mike, and please convey my seasons greetings to the
rest of your family.

~  Tom McNeil ~
VERMONT PIANO RESTORATIONS

mcneiltom@aol.com