[CAUT] Cat Damage

Don Mannino DMannino@kawaius.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:30:21 -0800

Mike,

Most likely a sand and re-polish will work, but I don't know how thick
that finish is.  On a 60's era Yamaha it should be thick - but I've
never worked with them personally.

If it were me, I would start right out wet sanding with 1,200 grit in a
small area, then polish with a polishing compound.  If it works in the
small area, do the whole thing, and maybe start with 800 grit in one
direction then finish with 1,200 in another direction to speed up the
process.  Wet sand the minimum amount that is needed, then polish it.

If this doesn't do it, then refinishing is most likely the only answer.
There are people who refinish with polyester, or you could turn it into
a satin black lacquer finish.

Don Mannino RPT