Steinway concert grand casters

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:57:44 -0800

Wally Brooks used to demonstrate this kind of coupling (at convention
classes) by slipping a small piece of 3/8" soundboard spruce between the
caster and carpet in whichever room he happened to be teaching.  The
results were quite striking and convinced a good many skeptics.

As Dan notes, it does not take much to restore the connection you want
through bypassing the one that you do not.

Best.

Horace