Steinway casters orientation

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:06:31 -0600 (CST)

We typically see pianos sold with 1.5" brass casters. Performance pianos
usually end of on a dollie/truck that is quite flexible, but easier to
roll that the small brass casters.

John

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Isaac sur Noos wrote:

]Thanks, John, indeed that make sense, I need to check that on less
]large instruments as well (one Grotrian particularly is strange when
]it comes to stability of the key bedding in the basses.
]
]But then, one may consider that the fixture of the legs is not as
]rigid, and can be moving the keybed slightly ? it may depend of the
]piano, but then the same idea apply .
]
]I have seen a sketch showing the roller oriented toward the tail of
]the piano after a S&S training in a workshop, but no one cared to
]answer me on that point (as I was not invited to the training, see
];>( !
]
]Are American grand's usually sold without rollers ?
]
]Best Regards.
]
]Isaac