Touchweight

David C. Stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:51:01 -0500

Hmmm.. ok..

That chart that you have was only breifly released and not when the smart
charts were first released.  That version was meant to show recommended
maximums so I'm not suprized if the curve is a little higher.   There are
just too many variables and I must have had questions about it as well.
That's why I discontinued that version in fairly short order.  It just
happened to be what was available when you got yours....

Just the other day I specified a curve#10 SW for an action with a 5.5 ratio
but I specified a BW of 42g so the resulting FWspec was acceptable.  That
particular action had low zone friction and the tech wanted to keep it that
way.  You can try to make rules but there are always exceptions, especially
in this business....

Hope that answers your question...

DCS