Touchweight

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 20:17:02 +0100

"David C. Stanwood" wrote:

> Hmmm.. ok..
>
> That chart that you have was only breifly released and not when the smart
> charts were first released.  That version was meant to show recommended
> maximums so I'm not suprized if the curve is a little higher.   There are
> just too many variables and I must have had questions about it as well.
> That's why I discontinued that version in fairly short order.  It just
> happened to be what was available when you got yours....

Well... I understand it's (this version with the SWR curves drawn in)
more a reference guideline then a set absolute values.

> Just the other day I specified a curve#10 SW for an action with a 5.5 ratio
> but I specified a BW of 42g so the resulting FWspec was acceptable.  That
> particular action had low zone friction and the tech wanted to keep it that
> way.  You can try to make rules but there are always exceptions, especially
> in this business....
>
> Hope that answers your question...

Not quite... but if you are going with lower FW maximums then what I got
with my kit then I can see whats happened. Let me explain. With a 5.5
ratio, 13 gram SW (# 10 curve for hammer 1) 42 gram BW and your standard
9 gram WBW you get an "acceptable FW" of 38.5 grams. The maximum FW's
table I have gives a max of 41.3 for hammer number 1.

Maybe whats changed is your view on how much FW should be acceptable as
a maximum ??