black rubber shoes

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:24:40 EST

In a message dated 1/13/04 2:20:36 PM Central Standard Time,
stranges@Oswego.EDU writes:
OK-

I call the rubber "end caps" on the bottom of the pedal rods going into the
pedal itself (of Steinway grands) "shoes".

Is Steinway the only place to get these "shoes"?

I don't see them in Schaff and Pianotek does not carry them.

Anyone know a sneaky (un-squeaky) source??

:B
Michelle
I use a 1/4" rubber hose, from an autopart supply store. Some of the pedals
might need to be drilled out, and you will have to drill out the inside of the
hose to allow for the pedal rod. I also put a piece of leather in the bottom
of the hole. It's a little more work on your part, but the part is cheap.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano tuner/technician
School of Music