dilemma

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:42:06 EST

My friends

I have somewhat of a dilemma. It has to do with the new D. If you recall,
I've had two artists complain about the tone of the piano. Now the piano faculty
have convinced themselves that they don't like it either and that there is
something wrong with the piano. But instead of asking me to fix the problem, they
are pursuing the idea of getting a "consultant" in here to work on the piano.
I know who they want to get, and I have no problem with this person. This
person is highly qualified, and a friend of mine. But here is where I have a
dilemma.

On the one hand I am saying to myself, hell, let them get the consultant in
here to work on the piano. I am sure I will learn a great deal, and we can have
a great time working on the piano. On the other hand I feel kind of insulted.
I realize I am not the greatest technician, but I think I know my way around
a piano. I could certainly understand that if, after I tried my best and they
are still not satisfied, that they get someone else in here. But they won't
let me do anything.  (Fortunately the piano is not scheduled to be used in a
performance this semester.)

Have any of you had experience along these lines. Am I being paranoid, or
should I just let the consultant come in, and do what it is that they do best,
and let it go at that?

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano tuner/technician