dilemma

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:12:07 -0500

--=====================_1540484==.ALT
Wim,
         I'm surprised that I haven't read this comment already but my take=
=20
is "Who cares?" You're still getting paid right? I'm sure that there are=20
plenty of other things you could turn your attention to what with as many=20
pianos as you have care over. Do you feel that your livelyhood is in=20
jepordy?  Are they looking to replace you? Let it go I say. It's not worth=
=20
the trouble and you can only come out looking bad either attempting to put=
=20
yourself superior either before or after the fact or complaining before the=
=20
other tech even gets there. Water under the bridge. My 2 cents.

Greg Newell

At 07:42 PM 1/13/2004, you wrote:

>My friends
>
>I have somewhat of a dilemma. It has to do with the new D. If you recall,=
=20
>I've had two artists complain about the tone of the piano. Now the piano=20
>faculty have convinced themselves that they don't like it either and that=
=20
>there is something wrong with the piano. But instead of asking me to fix=20
>the problem, they are pursuing the idea of getting a "consultant" in here=
=20
>to work on the piano. I know who they want to get, and I have no problem=20
>with this person. This person is highly qualified, and a friend of mine.=20
>But here is where I have a dilemma.
>
>On the one hand I am saying to myself, hell, let them get the consultant=20
>in here to work on the piano. I am sure I will learn a great deal, and we=
=20
>can have a great time working on the piano. On the other hand I feel kind=
=20
>of insulted. I realize I am not the greatest technician, but I think I=20
>know my way around a piano. I could certainly understand that if, after I=
=20
>tried my best and they are still not satisfied, that they get someone else=
=20
>in here. But they won't let me do anything.  (Fortunately the piano is not=
=20
>scheduled to be used in a performance this semester.)
>
>Have any of you had experience along these lines. Am I being paranoid, or=
=20
>should I just let the consultant come in, and do what it is that they do=20
>best, and let it go at that?
>
>Wim
>Willem Blees, RPT
>Piano tuner/technician