Bluthner action; "big question"

Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:51:17 +0100

Ah... that makes things much more clear.

I would say definatly YES !.. Do the restore, and definatly stick with
your general proceedure as outlined below. The old case will look
wonderfull.

I think you will find that less sophisticated actions then our modern
Erard/Herz variant will perform most satisfactorilly if they are in good
shape (or restored to said shape) and regulated after specs. Not that
many pianists will be in any way hindered by the action. Most because
they are not great pianists and dont really know the difference, some
others because they are great pianists and can make music on whatever
they play.

Besides... these actions werent all that bad performing at all. I have
an older Bluthner overdamper piano that I tune from time to time... it
is to die for.

You might have to sit on it for a bit.... but there is more of a market
for Historical instruments then I think a lot of techs give credit for.

Cheers
RicB