George Winston contract

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:54:45 EST

Greg,
Now, that is what I hoping hear. Someone who plays with passion and
conviction. That's something I personally admire in an any artist, be classical, jazz,
new age, or even rap.....second thought- scratch the rap. But you get the
idea. If they play style well and do an admirable job, they get my applause.
 Since you brought up the notion if he could play Beethoven or not brings up
a rather important issue. I've worked with a number of big-named artists who
do play the Beethoven sonatas extremely well, but without personal passion. To
me, that becomes a yawn of a concert.
Thanks for your insight.
Tom Servinsky