Capo bars

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:49:16

Hi Margaret,

I know for a while Young Change produced grands with that as a feature.
Unfortunately they choose a phosphor bronze rod that had very high
frictional properties. This "formula" was later changed and the tuning
problems went away.

At 08:40 PM 1/28/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>A comment from a mainly hpschd - fpo person with not much experience
dealing with bad capo bars (tho I've certainly encountered them in modern
grands & tried to file them) - Has anyone tried the upright piano trick of
embedding a hardened rounded bar or strip in the bearing part of the capo?
>     Margaret Hood

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.