Capo bars

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:38:14 -0800

I don't remember specifically which bronze. At the time I went to Alaska Copper & Brass, told them what I wanted to do and they told me what they had that would be appropriate. I bought a bunch and still have some. I also don't have my Materials Handbook handy, but it was probably either a manganese or silicon bronze. I've also had new V-bars cast from these materials, both worked without unintended side effects. The diameter was 1/8". The rod was fitted and epoxied in place with a commercial version of "liquid steel" then back beveled as illustrated in one of my PTG articles.

Del