spring-loaded go-bars

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Fri, 21 May 2004 11:29:10 -0500

Thanks Jon!

It hadn't occured to me that with spring-loading, there's no need for
go-bars to reach the ceiling.

I'll save this post, thanks again for another valuable contribution to the
list!

Mark C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Page [mailto:jonpage@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 6:27 AM
To: Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Cc: caut-ptg.org
Subject: spring-loaded go-bars

A wooden I-beam is clamped to the case and the spring-loaded go-bars
press the board to the ribs. The ribs are supported from underneath.

Tension is regulated by the length of the dowel of length of threaded rod.

Made from hardware store items, PVC pipe and end caps, spring, dowels,
3/8" threaded rod.  I like the threaded rod best because of its dynamic
adjustability.

In the foreground on 917, notice the wedge under the block of wood. The
block is pivoted
against the strut to press the board on the other side.

Jon Page