mini belts

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 May 2004 18:43:52 +0000

Lance,

Thanks for posting this.  I'd seen over the years all sorts of sanding
paddles, but never thought of using a ping pong paddle.  I had an old one in
the basement, and gave it a try.... WOW!  It helped me to square off the
sides and top to make it more rectangular, and shorten the handle, but for
the rough work, it really speeds things up.  And less potentially damaging
than the Dremel sanding barrel.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland

Wim, just my experience.  I have one, but, I now slip wood under the
shanks of upright or block up tails on grands and use a ping pong paddle
to do the two side facets or rough initial stuff with about 40-60 grit,
then refine with strips.  This actually faster for me.  I just never
went back to the belt.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS
New Orleans Chapter, PTG