Categories - Paying examiners

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 22:19:32 EDT

   Garret, Wim
   I can tell you as a person who has given many tuning exams, the time spent
doing this is considerable & when most fail the first time it's demoralizing
to all. I wonder if the prospective examinees had to poney up couple hundred
if they wouldn't be betetr prepared to pass. Most failed the test the first
time but since then prescreening at the chapter level has been helpful in raising
the statistic. At best charging is a 2 edged sword. More cost means more fear
of failure & less willingness to take tests.
  Dale
Garret

If the exams cost $300 each, would you be willing to pay it? Twice if you
don't pass the first time?

WIm