Practical Concert Work

Sat, 29 May 2004 17:17:52 +0200

Thanks for chirping in there Fred. I have to say I had similar reactions
to much of his article.  It would be nice to know some more about who
this fellow is, and what kind of concert venues and artists he
frequently provides service for.

I agree particularily with your point about string leveling.... tho I'm
sure we can go along with Hudson far enough to acknowledge if one
over-does pulling upwards on the strings one can indeed cause problems
along the lines he mentions. That said... to suggest that no string
leveling whatsoever should be done struck me as bad advice.

If you dont mind it, I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on key
bushing cloth....you dipped slightly into that and it roused my interest.

Cheers
RicB