Practical Concert Work

Allen Wright awright440@cinci.rr.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 10:14:22 -0400

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think anyone has mentioned the good
reason for setting letoff a little greater in the bass (because of the
wider string oscillations) than in the tenor and treble. I suppose if
one were really being rigorous about it (and living in a perfect
world), there'd be a gradual taper from bottom to top (finishing with
the distance of a gnat's wing at note #88 (!).

Allen Wright